Lyon is among the best cities in France that you need to visit. The town is 3rd largest within France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps area. The city is renowned for its historical and social heritage. A number of its buildings and galleries have been listed in world history site listing of UNESCO.
Some of the best places to visit as well as explore in Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Church: This cathedral is dedicated in order to St. John and St. Stephen. It was constructed during Twelfth and the 13th century. The oldest parts of the actual church have now been closed for hopes and are stored for the community display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the beautiful courtyards that were constructed during the time of renaissance in the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is the oldest theatre in France and it was started in 11th century AD. There's a great respect and value for it amongst the local inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that is made in the English type of architecture. The park had been built during the 19th century and is one of the biggest and many beautiful urban parks associated with France. It is a good way for family excursions and other outdoor recreation. The main highlights of the recreation area include a big greenhouse, botanical garden and a rose garden. Recently African Plains have also been added where the creatures can wander freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house had been started in 1826 and it was later reopened in 1993. The area has hosted many opera performances as well as dance shows. The cup ceiling of the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Grand Lyon: This is another fascinating attraction. The aquarium is located around the outskirts from the city and has a bit of entertainment for almost everybody. There are a number of types of fish and other marine life varieties have been kept here. Many informative classes and slideshows will also be organized to educate the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: It is really an ideal place for the dancing lovers. This particular theater has been dedicated to dance where you can learn various style of dance. There is a museum which is also situated in the vicinity of the same building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is one of the largest shopping mall in France. The mall has got the presence of the majority of the major brands on the planet. But avoid this place on Sundays as it can obtain crowded.
Lyon is among the best locations in France to determine and discover bons plans à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the greatest means to achieve Paris and then you can take either TGV train or even bus in order to Lyon.
Lyon, the cooking capital associated with France, which is the third largest town and second largest metropolitan region in France. This particular city is known for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This particular city began by the Roman empire and a heritage city as recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city can be found between Paris and Marseille and 470 km from Paris. You are able to reach there from Geneva that is just 170 km away. It is located in East associated with France between two rivers called as Rhone and Saone. The people living there are known as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' climate and weather conditions are nice to go to in the month of Sept and Oct.